Tron: Legacy soundtrack

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 30 18:22:59 CET 2010

Daft Punk's first score for a movie.

----- Original Message ----
From: Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>
To: Music-bar <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Thu, December 30, 2010 12:53:29 AM
Subject: Re: Tron: Legacy soundtrack

So, yesterday we watched Tron Legacy in the cinema here in Malta. This
is a brand new cinema for 3D, and the system used is the best I've
experienced so far: in the town near where my parents live, the glasses
are the kind that shutter the left and right eye alternatively, and
quite frankly, I think that sucks. This system used passive glasses,
although I wasn't able to figure out how exactly. (It wasn't polarised
light, or at least not the same as you get with Polaroid sunglasses.)

Anyway, the film was moderately interesting, but I thought that the
music was simply brilliant. Sometimes, the sounds reminded of the first
French synth soundtracks from the 70's (specifically, I thought of
Jarre's "Les granges brulées"), whilst at other times it was a pumping
dance track. But always, the music supported what would otherwise be a
rather mediocre film.

- Peter