listening to

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 29 19:21:02 CET 2010

Op 29-12-2010 10:11, K9 Kai Niggemann schreef:

> On 29.12.2010, at 01:53, Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> Never liked his stuff, to be honest.
>
> me neither. that's why I am so surprised that I really like him now. Wonder what has changed...

Perhaps I should have a listen, then. Any particular recommendations?

>> Right now, I'm listening to Patrick Cowley's "Menergy". Pretty amazing
>> track, considering it's from 1982 - the year that he died of AIDS (then
>> still called GRID), aged 32.
>
> Will try to find that.

Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46DiMfrz0bg

 From 1981, by the way, not 1982. Here's another version, shorter, with
Sylvester as a singer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G3JbP0Br8U

...who died in 1988, also of AIDS.

It's all very gay club/disco/precursor to the whole 80's/90's dance
craze. As dance music, I think it's brilliant, even though I'm not
exactly the target audience.

- Peter