The War You Don't See

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 28 23:21:14 CET 2010

Op 28-12-2010 20:57, deeplfo schreef:

> Common knowledge by now, but worth always remembering:
>
> http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article27116.htm

I managed to view about five minutes of the first video. Unfortunately,
the video itself is an example of what it purports to exhibit: it's
manipulative of its own.

Sure, quite a bit of brilliant propaganda was created in WW1 ("I want
YOU for U.S. Army" the most famous example), but the indiscriminate
torpedoing of all ships between the USA and Britain, regardless of their
flag, lay at the base of the USA's involvement in that war.

Opinions are nice, but just that. They can help you make up your mind,
if you're happy to do that; otherwise, videos such as this just serve to
confirm one's own beliefs - and mind that word, 'belief', because it's
not based on thorough research.

Another typical example is Fox News. It turns out that people watch Fox
News because they are conservative: it's not the other way around, that
they would become more right-wing because they watch Fox News.

Personally, I'm very suspicious of any opinion on the internet. And yes,
that includes the one you've just read in the paragraphs above.

- Peter