My xmas pressy, to me :)

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 22 16:35:47 CET 2010

On 22/12/2010 14:06, Ron West wrote:
> why didn't you just get an apple TV. heh

I had seen that....

Apple TV 2 has no XBMC support either afaik.
The first one does, but is no longer sold.
Less USB ports, or none.
XBMC is less important, as long as the basic functionality is there and
can be modified easily.

The whole point in getting the HD box is so it is stand alone and the
main computer can be switched off instead of serving. I don't want to
run a NAS as well, because I view these as an utter con to get us to buy
more shit. Why doesn't my TV have that built in?

The WDTV is already hacked to support external USB drives and usb DVD
drives, so it can function as a stand alone DVD player / CD player too,
as well as probably Bluray, I read that too, but don't need it.

Yes, Apple TV is also a very hackable box at the same price, once you
get past the security measures, but it's..

_MADE BY APPLE!!11!!!!_

So nope ;)

It's almost exactly the same question as

Q: "why didn't you buy an Apple PC?"
A: "Because few I know with any sense and non-bottomless pockets have
one. Those that do, I cannot converse with because they talk in another,
imaginary, language created just for the purpose of re-badging existing
technology as created by the wondrous Apple"

lolz. I'm no snob ;)