BIMFEST

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 18 14:17:56 CET 2010

> OK I'm willing to accept this.
> but can it be fun to look at someone playing an iPad?

I think it really, really, depends on the software and the intentions of the programmer.

For example, Stan and I have found it immensely interesting to simultaneously play Beatwave together, one of us on each side of the iPad.  I think to observers, this can be 'interesting' to look at, especially when the interaction of two people on the same surface turns into interesting audio results.

> I've been to 38 gig last year, saw more than 100 bands, and when I look
> back, the bands with a traditional setup (guitars, bass, drum,...) where
> the most fun. Somehow it's more fun to see a guitar player trip over a
> wire ;-)

I absolutely concur, but desire for electronics music-making tools to evolve into this concept further so that they, too, can provide such comedy.

> FWIW the pixies where the best act I saw this year, Nina Hagen was the
> worst...

Band I saw this year: JESSE

They were fucking awesome, just an ungodly competent synth band with excellent talent.  I will see them again and again.

I missed out on Tim Exile and The Emperor Machine - also, both electronics acts I think are worth watching.

And tonight at Fluc, there is a chance for fubrak (me, stan and ben) to play a little live jam on stage .. details when and if it happens.  ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan