I've got myself a Yamaha SU700....

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Dec 17 10:55:11 CET 2010

Hi Komatos,

> Unless you load it up with a lot of long 44.1KHz, 16bit, Stereo
samples
> I don't think you'll use anywhere near the entire 68MB.

No, I don't think I'd want to use more than 4MB with just a floppy as
the storage medium. It would be good if there's a floppy emulator for
this using compact flash that works like 100 floppies and simulates the
disk changing automatically.

http://www.torlus.com/floppy/

> Glad to hear
> they already had it fully expanded RAMwise for you. I'm jealous :)
Dare
> I ask the price you got basically a brand new one for?

About 180 euros. Here's the auction with some nice large clear pictures.
It came in that lovely flight case as well.

http://tinyurl.com/38renfy

> Also of note: there's a button press command on power up to check the
> OS version. If it's not the latest version (1.03), you might want to
> contact Yamaha UK to see if they can send you an EPROM with the latest
> version burned to it. No feature improvements, just a few minor
> bugfixes.

Thanks for the tip I'll check this later. I heard V1.00 could crash on
you but later versions were solid.

Cheers

Chris