"We have always been at war with WikiLeaks."

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 16 21:01:34 CET 2010

On 16/12/2010 19:11, Tony Scharf wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Peter Korsten<peter at severity-one.com>  wrote:
>>
>> It's just another manifestation of the widespread hatred of the US
>> government, and anything that supports this is taken for granted, and
>> anything that might detract is swept aside.
>>
>> In that sense, it's no difference from any other religion.

You miss out the very real possibility that the US leaked all the 'shit'
on purpose, to justify particular aims, and Wikileaks is just the
messenger of targeted propaganda. Maybe not.

> Well, of the targets they could choose, the US is the one who is the
> safest.  I mean...If they released a bunch of cables from the Chinese
> or the Russians.....forget about it.  They would be dead already and
> without all this theater.

The US has also openly been rather naughty recently, as regards human
rights abuses. Maybe the US has a lot more to hide along with all those
countries who complied with the BS? Including mine ;)

> States need to have secrets.  Now, I dont mean they need to be able to
> do hush hush medical experiments and that nonsense.  If anything the
> cables are showing is just how *mundane* most secrets are.

Or inhumane.

> So I find the whole wikileaks thing kind of annoying at best.  I dont
> believe anything he has done is illegal (though the guy that gave him
> the information violated his security clearance and is in fact guilty
> of treason).

None of it is illegal. Or unlawful.
Illegal is created by those the truth exposes...
Wikileaks is little different from The Times or The Express.
It is also incorrect to say they are focussing on the US.
It is a war of information now. They were releasing whatever received,
until the DDOS's started..
Always a war ;)

> One more point while I am off on a rant.  You do all realize that the
> cables about the middle east and Iran's nuclear program make war MORE
> likely and not less, right?  Think about it.  Now that Iran knows just
> how isolated it is (many of its neighbors are basically begging the US
> to take forceful action) that its going to be more determined than
> ever to get the weapons to defend itself.  Its also not likely that
> they will want to negotiate any more.  The US also now has the very
> public urging of Iran's neighbors as fuel to go to war.  Its not a
> foregone conclusion this will lead to war, but its a hell of a lot
> more probable now.

Way off.
Iran has already showed signs of the opposite behaviour.
They may even concede some on the nuclear rant (and it is a rant)

But you know how it goes. As soon as a country shows weakness to the
west, it's fair game to be bombed back to the stone age.

"The West" is every possible point on a spheres circumference.
The "USA" is a small conglomerate of oil, mineral and war corporations.

Wanted for questioning, Jesus Assange ;)