"We have always been at war with WikiLeaks."

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 16 20:34:45 CET 2010

> They're on their high horse, how right and just they are (just like you,
> really), and come up with this manifesto, but I can't shake the notion
> that what they're really after is damaging the US government.

Well after all, why not?  They've discovered a lot of uncomfortable truths about the manipulations of the US government, and are pushing them into the limelight, where they belong.

Complacency = Wank.  Fuck that.  Its well past due time that we *did something* about the criminal actions of the US government.  Hooray for the righteous wankers and their high horse, I say!

About Time!

> So it's strange that, on the one hand, all sorts of conspiracy theories
> (like that the US government was responsible for 9/11) find willing
> ears, and all official denunciation is rubbished as being lies, yet no
> such questions are asked when WikiLeaks magic all sorts of documents out
> of the top hat. Are we seeing all documents that they receive?

We could well be the target of a mass disinfo campaign being run by the US government itself, but how would we know - there are too many *real* secret crimes being hidden, daily.  The system does not, fundamentally, work to catch it all - just some.  So yes, we do need Wikileaks and organizations like them.

> It's just another manifestation of the widespread hatred of the US
> government, and anything that supports this is taken for granted, and
> anything that might detract is swept aside.

Hatred of the US is for good reason: it is an imperialist, war-mongering power, using its industrial strengths to impose criminal acts on peoples not under its own jurisdiction who deserve nothing of the sort.

> In that sense, it's no difference from any other religion.

Oh, we could say that about a million things, that its all just like another religion, but it won't be long after the next round of military incursions that start hitting closer to home that we don't all start to 'find religion' again ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan