I've got myself a Yamaha SU700....

komatos EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 16 19:48:51 CET 2010

Chris--

I forgot I left those floppy images up there on the 2 SU700 Yahoo Groups I used to be a member of/moderate. I haven't been on those lists in about 4-6 years. The 4 disk set IIRC is the one used for the tutorial. You just won't have the fun of sampling the sounds in via the audio ins. You can still clear the sequence data and resequence it yourself (following the tutorial) to see how the sequencer of the SU700 is structured.

The CD itself had some interesting samples besides the ones used for the tutorial. Nothing to write home about, but decent enough. I can ISO it up for you if you like. I'm just not familiar with YouSendIt/Dropbox. Do I need to create an account or pay for the service? If it's relatively simple I'll do it that way, and you can burn an ISO Audio CD on your end. Otherwise, just give me your postal address (privately) and I'll burn you a copy and send it via post. You might not see it to after XMas with the holiday delivery cross-ocean.

--komatos/wasted/su700fan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Strellis" <Chris.Strellis at crystalvision.tv>
To: "Music-bar" <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:25:11 AM
Subject: RE: I've got myself a Yamaha SU700....

Hi Komatos,

Many thanks for your interesting and detailed reply but mostly I'd like
to thank-you personally for leaving a digital legacy in the Yahoo
Groups. From these I've downloaded a few floppy discs of sounds and
songs including the 4 tutorial ones that hopefully will get me started.
There's plenty of reference to AMPFEA including an ampfea909 drum set,
plus Linn and Virus kits.

Is the Sample CD that comes with it any different from the 4 tutorial
floppies?

Would it be possible to image the CD and YouSendIt or Dropbox it?

Right, now I'm off to http://home.comcast.net/~komatos

Happy Christmas!

Chris