Photo distortion question

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 14 11:23:00 CET 2010

Still makes sense to me. Remember that the camera can "look around the
corners" on the out-of-focus regions - the amount of which is defined by
the aperture. (This also explains why it's impossible to achieve perfect
depth-of-field simulation as a post-process if all you have is a 2D
image with depth). What you see in the photo really is part of the dark
side of the glass, resulting in the dark "halo". How much you see of the
"dark side" depends on the focal plane.

There are a few internal reflections that you can see in the video (did
you use a UV filter?), but I don't think they have anything to do with
the dark halo that you're wondering about.

Martin