Quick MnM jam

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 8 21:30:01 CET 2010

Hi Jonny,

Well, i don't own one, but the guy I make music with does. So maybe I
just haven't practised enough with it...
But these are my main remarks:
Not very intuitive.
I don't like the interface. Like scrolling through patches and patterns
is hard to me. (probably the EMX has less features, but what it can do
is easy accessible. Organization of patterns is straight forward on the
EMX, and you can't really store patches, but that's a good thing for me.)
It crashes from time to time and midi slave setup is... well sloppy.

What I do like is that record mode when you push the knobs (let's call
this automation) and it has more accent levels. I love the direct outs
which the EMX doesn't have. And it has more tracks per pattern, always good.

What I don't like on the EMX is the way you have to program songs and
that it has 4, rather boring, synth parts. And I really miss the direct
outs...

Sound wise I also prefer the EMX. When I listen to a recording made with
the MD I recognise the origin of the drum sounds. It's like it has a
typical character of sounds, and it hard to mask this character if you
want to.

Just my opinion, and like I said, maybe I just need more time to get to
know the MD better.

Cheers,
ToAd