iPad sequencer project: TODO

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 4 10:26:06 CET 2010

> Yes, dope sequencer for external gear I think. The second point is an important thing to think about, you will have a very limited market with a sequencer that only works with gear attached via a special midi expansion like the Line 6 interface.

BTW, the Line6 interface is really only sensible for iPhone users, because on iPad you can just use a class-compliant, normal USB-MIDI cable .. on iPhone, however, there are no hardware options - you can connect to your Mac over WLAN, however, and do Wireless MIDI from an iPhone, but you can't plug in something like the Camera connection kit and use a normal USB MIDI cable, like you can on iPad.  Alas.

> By giving it internal sounds you open up your app to a bigger market of people.

I agree!

> But first things first make a kick ass sequencer, then worry about the rest maybe in an update down the road.

I've got the basics of a step sequencer done, and I want to make it multi-channel today.

> After all, the midi part is what's going to set this app apart from what's currently on the market and at some point some current apps will get that feature built into them, so the actual sequencer needs to be something that will blow the others out of the water, which should not be THAT hard ;)

I've been playing with CuSE a lot lately (works brilliantly on Pandora) and I think a lot of the ideas of this project would work very, very well on iPad.

> just rambling thoughts, and again happy to help out anyway I can,

Gotta work out how to properly organize a music-bar beta certificate so we can start the ball rolling on real feedback!

;
--
Jay Vaughan