iPad sequencer project: TODO

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 4 10:22:51 CET 2010

> I'd like to see something that plays chords, with inversions based on finger
> position. Imagine 12 piano keys filling most of the screen, and some buttons
> on the right for chord type (major, minor, diminished 7th etc.). Pressing a
> key plays a chord, of the type determines by the last right hand button
> pressed.

I agree, this would be nice.  I need to work out how to implement it and what the math looks like - for some chords/scales there are adjustments required, and I'm sure this has been worked out already.

> The chord inversion is determined by how near the top or bottom of
> the key you press it. Clever use of volume messages might even let you slide
> seamlessly between inversions, so you can hit a C-major that has C3 at half
> volume, G3 and F3 at full volume and C4 at half volume, which would be a
> C-major slightly above C3 G3 F3 all at max.

Interesting idea.  I'll consider it after the step sequencer works multitimbrally ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan