iPad sequencer project: TODO

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Dec 3 13:22:04 CET 2010

On 3 December 2010 12:07, The Dong <dong at f2s.com> wrote:

> I vote for a Rolf Harris ™ ® wobble board simulator.... (not really)

Well, if the gyros are up to it, I don't see why not!

I'd like to see something that plays chords, with inversions based on finger
position. Imagine 12 piano keys filling most of the screen, and some buttons
on the right for chord type (major, minor, diminished 7th etc.). Pressing a
key plays a chord, of the type determines by the last right hand button
pressed. The chord inversion is determined by how near the top or bottom of
the key you press it. Clever use of volume messages might even let you slide
seamlessly between inversions, so you can hit a C-major that has C3 at half
volume, G3 and F3 at full volume and C4 at half volume, which would be a
C-major slightly above C3 G3 F3 all at max.

- Andy_R