Freeware/open source batch audio convert for Windows?

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 29 16:48:08 CEST 2010

Hi Tony!

On Apr 29, 2010, at 15:06 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

> Michael Zacherl. wrote:
>> On Apr 27, 2010, at 22:55 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
>>
>>> lame --preset extreme file.wav file.mp3
>>>
>>> gives you a variable bit rate codec which you won't know from the original.
>>
>> reportedly VBR causes troubles on some iPods - what would be the setting without VBR?
>
> lame -b320 file.wav file.mp3

i c, thanks!  (that's the setting I use with iTunes' codec)
I will switch codecs asap.

> gives you max and constant bit rate.
>
> I have had vbr problems on older (>4yrs) devices, and this was basically because
> the CPUs were a little underpowered and the codecs not fully optimised for the
> hardware.
>
>> (my old shuffle used to lock up sometimes, btw. I tracked it down to songs/pieces with VBR on)
>
> I'd be interested to know if mp3 vbr causes any problems on more recent players.

My current player is the first, black, 8GB nano.
I have had some hang-ups with that player, but I didn't investigate on this.
(I rarely hear music when being underway for a while now)

--
noise chasers: http://blauwurf.at