Music from last week's gig

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 27 00:21:57 CEST 2010

Hi Jonny,

finally I have the chance to listen to your set. I couldn't stream it before and now I am listening to a download.

I think you are taking a great approach in designing your soundmakers yourself. I really like some of your sounddesign.

But -- to put it in non-diplomatic words --  it seems to me, you are trying to sound like you are making your music with Ableton Live with a few Pluggo effects.

arpeggiators may be a great addition to your setup, but I think you should decide where you want to go: in new and unheard directions or in the 4-time based dance (and I think you need to be able to double-time your notes. go for that Arp!) But I think a preset system would help you to get through those first five minutes where you build up all your patterns before you can start to transmogrify anything, so I'd think that might be the most important next step. Nothing where you simply switch patterns, but something to get you started, maybe?

I think a lot of decisions will become much clearer when you decide where you want to go with this.

Right now your music sounds very promising, but somewhat indecisive to me. Also I'd be interested to hear/see what you do to engage your audience in a live situation.

Keep going! I am very interested in what you do!

Kai