Interesting internet radio stations?

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 26 15:51:27 CEST 2010

Tony Scharf wrote:
> I honestly dont listen to much internet radio - most of what I do is
> my own music collection on shuffle.  I do make the exception of trying
> to listen to the broadcast of Bill Fox's Galactic Travels show
Thanks for listening Tony!
> (which is on in the morning in your time zone).
GT is on at 11 pm EDT/GMT-4 making it a brutally uncivilized 4 am in GB
and 5 am in western Europe!  Someone (I forgot who) told me that there's
a guy who records my shows and puts them on-line (I forget where) so
Europeans can listen on demand.  If you find out who and where, please
let me know so I can spread the word.  Technically, it's illegal so I
can't do it myself but it would be nice to be able to tell people that
it's being done.

I can recommend:
electro-music radio: http://radio.electro-music.com
Still Stream - your place for solace: http://stillstream.com

This week, Thursday through Saturday, Stillstream will be broadcasting
the third annual City Skies Festival <http://cityskies.com> from Kavarna
coffee house in Decatur, near Atlanta, Georgia, USA.  My duo Howard
Moscovitz and I (Twyndyllyngs) will play on Friday at 8 pm EST/GMT-4.
Lots of great music all weekend long!  If you're in the neighborhood,
please come to Kavarna.  If not, see you on the net.

After returning home, Howard and I will continue with Chez Mosc every
Saturday at 6 pm EDT/GMT-4 on electro-music radio.
> If I can be honest, though, I find I actually *miss* radio shows.
>  There were a few really good ones in Chicago back in the 80's and
> 90's, and I used to listen to them and record them on cassette, just
> in case they played something I wanted to track down.  Ahh..the
> memories.
>
> Something I miss about listening to those shows away from a computer
> was the fact that I listened to them, usually, in my bedroom with low
> light. It became almost meditative.  Its hard to get that same feeling
> listening to music at my desk with a big 24" monitor blaring at me.
Try finding an iParty or similar device.
http://www.ipartymini.com
I have one but it's not quite up to my audio standards.  I have the
transmitter connected to my computer with a mini-to-mini cable and a
mini-to-mini barrel connector.  The receiver connects to the audio
system in my bedroom.  Like you say, put on music (Stillstream or
radio.electro-music) and play it all night long at a low level with the
lamp dimmed.

Cheers,

Bill