Interesting internet radio stations?

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 24 02:50:04 CEST 2010

Minnesota Public Radio’s station The Current.  Best station ever – and it’s public.  Stream it at:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/services/the_current/

James R. Coplin

From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org [mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Tony Scharf
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 7:16 PM
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: Interesting internet radio stations?

I honestly dont listen to much internet radio - most of what I do is my own music collection on shuffle.  I do make the exception of trying to listen to the broadcast of Bill Fox's Galactic Travels show (which is on in the morning in your time zone).

If I can be honest, though, I find I actually *miss* radio shows.  There were a few really good ones in Chicago back in the 80's and 90's, and I used to listen to them and record them on cassette, just in case they played something I wanted to track down.  Ahh..the memories.

Something I miss about listening to those shows away from a computer was the fact that I listened to them, usually, in my bedroom with low light. It became almost meditative.  Its hard to get that same feeling listening to music at my desk with a big 24" monitor blaring at me.

Hmm...

Tony