Mastering / editing challenge

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 18 10:59:45 CEST 2010

punkdISCO schreef:
> Hi Gert
>
> She has a great voice.  I just had this on repeat for 15 minutes playing
> with the UAD DeEsser, violent EQ and gentle multiband comp.  Nothing I did
> made it sound any better.

Isn't playing with audio great!?

> There is a percussive low frequency click that I think it there for good.

Yep. If you do a high-pass on that click alone, though, you can
make it lots better.

> Like others have said, it might be easier and would definitely give better
> results, if you re-record.  Hopefully there is not too much wasted material?

Well, actually there's quite a bit of the same problem.

> The stuff I do with Leah is as much about moving the mic up and down as it
> is back/forward.
>
> Having said this, it really is not "that" bad.  Sure, to us we can
> scrutinise it but maybe others will not notice..?  Im not sure how critical
> your audience is but for many it will be fine..

As mentioned before, there's a heavy conversion involved to make
the audio files a lot smaller. that might get rid of those
"minor" probs...

> Let us know what happens..

Will do.
Have a nice weekend with your family - or in the studio :-)

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n