Hardware for SC (was: Re: new macbook pros... )

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 17 13:48:52 CEST 2010

On Apr 15, 2010, at 12:20 , Jonny Stutters wrote:

> On 15 April 2010 11:02, Søren Knudsen <soren at audiomind.dk> wrote:
>>> Would a Mac Mini work for you? Or perhaps (shock, horror) a Windows PC
>>> in a rack?
>>
>> I just bought a fit-pc2i (what a weird name). Anyway; maybe this will fit the bill nicely for
>> you. It's got an atom processor, 1 gig of memory and can hold a 2½"  hd. Link:
>> http://www.fit-pc.com
>
> Yeah that's the sort of thing I've been thinking of putting together.

I/O wise it looks good. And it's kinda cute.
I just wonder what would be the performance difference between the used Z530 and D510.
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/fit-pc2/fit-pc2i-specifications/
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/atom/specifications.htm

> My worry is that, even running a very stripped down linux install, it
> might not have enough performance to cope with my set.

What Linux derivate would you use for that? Debian?

   m.

--
keep your ears open: http://blauwurf.at