new macbook pros...

Jonny Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 15 13:42:44 CEST 2010

On 15 April 2010 12:13, Søren Knudsen <soren at audiomind.dk> wrote:
>> My worry is that, even running a very stripped down linux install, it
>> might not have enough performance to cope with my set.  Peter's idea
>
> Maybe one wont be enough, but would you be able to divide the tasks between two if it werent?

Technically, yeah, I could run half the synths on one and half on the
other but then I'd have to get into mixing the outputs somewhere and
the whole thing starts to get a bit messy.

My plan is to keep half an eye on the CPU meter at the gig tonight, if
it doesn't get higher than 20% or so then I'll pick up a small form
factor PC and see what I can come up with.  If it doesn't pan out then
I can always repurpose it as a media server.

Jonny