Uk bill ..

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Apr 9 16:44:36 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>wrote:

> Was it really that much better? My father comments on how much more
> polluted the place used to be. There weren't any fish in the canals in
> my parents' village; now they're full of them.

This is something I think about often.  at any given time, there are only a
few generations of humans to ask, but generally speaking I think you find
that times have always been tough, the government has always been rotten, we
have always been on the brink of one disaster or another and the end has
always been nigh...however we are all here, making babies, doing our jobs
and getting through life.  Some have more, some have less, some have good
intentions and some have bad.

Everything starts and everything ends.  The Dark Ages ended.  The
Inquisition ended.  Wars have started and ended.  Animals have gone extinct
and others have thrived in their niche (maybe not ones we particularly like
or are as cute, but nature is opportunistic and will always fill
a vacuum). McCarthyism ended.  The Soviet Union is gone. America's Century
is over.  People pay their bills in Euro's instead of Marks.  Freedoms are
granted, taken away, and then fought for and restored.

With that in mind, I have more faith (for lack of a better word) in the
future.  Not because I think we are necessarily smart enough to get
ourselves out of any particular mess but because life is smart enough.  Just
because there are Humans now doesnt mean there will always be Humans.  In
fact, at some point there wont be Humans no matter what - thats just
evolution.  There will be something else, that looks at us and feels
uncomfortable accepting us as their ancestor just as much as we would rather
not think about that slimy eal thing with the eye stalks and scaly skin as
our cousin 100000 times removed.  I like this idea a lot.  We are
someone else's Lucy.  Someone else's T-Rex.  We are dinosaurs just waiting
for that asteroid to put all this petty shit in perspective.

NoiseTheorem:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NoiseTheorem/141645972762
myspace:http://www.myspace.com/noisetheorem
soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem