Uk bill ..

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 8 14:02:48 CEST 2010

gert van santen wrote:
> For an important bill with a huge impact on Britain’s future, that’s a
> shocking disappointment.

Britain has never been a democracy.
This Bill is full of ridiculous figures and posturing.
Like:

"If illegal file-sharing activity has not dropped by 70% by April 2011,
then the punitive measures will be introduced three months later"

How in hell is this measured?
I'll tell you; the industry will make up some figures that suit them and
pass them on to Mandy, or whoever else is being a cnut at the time.

Oh. And contrary to the popular opinion that there is no route to
appeal, there is. Leave your routers on open folks (or pretend that
you do for equipment compatibility) and stick to denial, no matter your
supposed guilt. Self-incrimination is simply stupid in all cases.

Anyway. I still doubt that this bill, if it passes the Lords also and
becomes law, will have any real effect. The majority will ignore it,
just as they do now, and there is not enough motivation, nor facility,
for either ISP's or the owners of material to police what must be
hundreds of millions of infringers, let alone everyone on the internet.
<because, by coincidence, we are all suspects due to the very nature of
the internet. Nobody has any idea where that hyperlink may take them. It
could lead directly to a 'trap'>
Either that, or before the 2011 deadline, new, untraceable encryption
will be merged into current torrent tech to foil the whole thing because
there will only ever be a suspicion of infringement, or another method
will take over.

So. No change then ;)

This bill is just the cnuts, along with other cnuts like P. Mandy,
dipping their toes in the water before filling their pockets. We all
know that statutory punishments are the next step, spot fines
automatically deducted and more expensive to appeal than accept.
That's the transparent plan, because directly taxing the internet is
doomed to fail, even though it is already taxed via VAT, greedy cnuts.

DOOMED!
;)