I promise I'll get rid of the sig

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 8 00:41:31 CEST 2010

On 07.04.2010, at 22:24, Peter Korsten wrote:

> So there will always be productivity software, because people need to be
> productive, and whatever the iPad is, it's not a productivity machine,
> regardless of what the Galactic Space Emperor claims. :)

well, then what is Pages, Numbers and Keynote?

I use Pages and Numbers all the time to write and edit plays, project proposals, letters, invoices etc -- I think that's quite productive.

What about software like FileMaker's "Bento"? FileMaker Pro itself?

OmniFocus? Things?

I really don't understand the whining. People (I mean the net, not this list) are so hung up about how the iPad turns us all into couch potatos because you become such a consumer. it's simply not true.

There is a wordpress app and I'm sure you wouldn't even need it, because you can edit your wordpress (or any blog) in mobile Safari, so what's the deal?

You can put your pictures onto it from your digi cam (with an adapter, albeit) and post those to whereever you need to. you can write, calculate, make music, control MaxMSP and others, Mail, basically run the whole office with that machine.

I'd say it can make you pretty darn productive. At least not less productive than any Notebook, MacBook or Netbook, for many many of those daily tasks.

Kai