I promise I'll get rid of the sig

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 8 00:07:13 CEST 2010

Peter Korsten schreef:
> Possibly, but not in my line of work, and I'd guess not in Martin's either.
>
> You, though, could be sitting on your sofa and doing translations by
> talking to your iPad.

Done that in bed with my laptop. Fell asleep every time ;-)

> Provided it has a microphone (does it have one?) and the software, of
> course. Somehow, I don't see that speech recognition software
> appearing on the iPad soon.

It seems Dragon already did an English version for their speech
to text prog on the iPhone. I'm quite sure it will come on the
iPad too.
Or correcting translations on the go (train travel). I did it on
my phones, and it works great. I'm sure the iPad will be much
better with this.
And what about producing music? There's loads of really good
appz. even a rather cool 4-track recorder.
And drawing, making sketches, editing pictures...
Perhaps you can't code on the iPad, but I don't do that kind of
stuff anyway.

I'm looking forward to get my hands on one...

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n