I promise I'll get rid of the sig

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 7 22:36:37 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com>wrote:

> I like this analogy because everyone now has a fridge and thinks nothing of
> it. Though one can say that a fridge is essential to your survival,
> preserving food. And when it first came out it made sense to people right
> off the bat, there was a need. Can we say the iPad fills a need to get non
> computer people  up and running, and that will benefit us all? Are grumbles
> about it just us being old men who recall how many miles we had to walk in
> the snow to get to school? Or how our computer screens used to be green and
> black? :)

A fridge is not the best analogy, I think.  Its more like a DVD player for
them internets.

It can do playback, but not recording.  Its got fixed capabilities.  They
are built to last just a few years.  When the new model comes out, your
expected to upgrade.   You dont know how it works, exactly, but you dont
care.  You need smarter people than you to make the content it consumes.  It
only consumes.

Tony