PEK - Flippin'heck, flippin'heck!

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 12 16:16:01 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:38 AM, punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:
> Btw, PEK'ers..  Anyone having problems with the encoders?  Seems to be
> conflicking info out there.  Some say that all DSI synths are flawed and you
> will suffer encoder problems.  Others say it is rare..
>
> If there is a significant reliability issue, maybe I should get a new one.
> Maybe I should wait for the PEK PE to come out..

The pots on my PEK have definitely gotten a bit weird over the years.
I got some cleaner stuff that DSI recommended, but I havnt had the
time to rip it open and attempt the cleaning procedure (which I should
do, before I lose the little bottle of 'stuff').

In my case, its not that bad.  the pots that are flaky are ones I dont
use very often, and can substitute the inc/dec buttons for (and
usually do anyway for accuracy sake).

Tony