PEK - Flippin'heck, flippin'heck!

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 12 10:51:57 CEST 2009

punkdISCO schreef:

> ..he was obviously fishing for more money as he also put the Buy it Now
> price up by £40.  I was giving him £1,000 and his new price is £1,140.  So,
> he is getting an extra £140.  Coincidently(?), the extra £40 will exactly
> pay his PayPal fees - we were doing cash so no fees.

See, the problem I have with Ebay is that there are too many people out
there to rip you off. I got ripped off with the ASIB1 SCSI interface for
my EX5, because it was obviously ripped out of an A3000/A4000/A5000, and
he only sold it with a ZIP drive that I didn't really need.

On the other hand, I cannot complain about the service. Excellently
packed, sent immediately, tracking number, the works.

All in all, I got a SCSI interface for a synth that has been out of
production for more than a decade, so I can't really complain.

But sellers know the value of items so well. There's a certain model
railway car, that I'm kind of interested in, and it regularly pops up on
Ebay (I have an e-mail alert for that), but always around €45, which is
a ridiculous amount of money.

> Hey ho.  Its Sunny in London so probably not a good weekend to get a new
> synth.

That may explain why I hardly buy any gear any longer: it's always nice
weather here. ;)

- Peter