The things people dump..

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 9 00:12:53 CEST 2009

On Sep 8, 2009, at 5:52 PM, The Dong wrote:

> The only fiddly bit might be squishing in the rear triangle for the
> shorter axle. But it's not very difficult to adjust, cold bend, bit of
> 2x2 or so.

I put on a fixed wheel from my other bike and it looks like it might
be ok, we'll see. Usually the biggest problem with a conversion is
normally for a fixed you want a horizontal track fork end so you can
pull the wheel back for tension in the chain, most bikes have dropouts
in the back that make this not possible, these grand prix's work
pretty nice cuz the drop outs are deep and you can pull the wheel back.

> The Raleigh Grand Preee:
>
> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/retroraleighs/grand-prix.html
>
> That's almost the spitting of the road bike I found and use, which is

yup, mine is the 70's catalog one in white/black.

you will like this then, http://bamboobikestudio.com/go/