Komplete 6

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 6 17:45:51 CEST 2009

On Sep 6, 2009, at 9:12 AM, punkdISCO wrote:

> I see Komplete 6 is out 1st October – time to NI another 150euro for
> sometime I will hardly use..
>
> http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/home/?content=966
>
> the problem with NI is their upgrades are always so darn inexpensive
> so you feel obliged to upgrade even if you don’t use their stuff (I
> rarely use Komplete).  As a Komplete owner, the upgrade is 150euro
> so quite cheap.
>
> Anyway..  Surprisingly they have dropped B4 (which I love) and Pro
> 53 (never use).  Kontakt 4 looks nice – you can now have custom
> views on instruments; this sort of stuff really does it form me as I
> am far more interested in interfaces than ability.
>
> Anyone upgrading?

This seems cheaper than the 5 upgrade? which I did not do. I didn't
see any point at all. At least they properly upgraded things this
time, though it does not really excite me. Nice how they baited tons
of people over the summer with the cheap buy in to 5 then smacked'em
with the temptation of an upgrade when that sold out ;)

I think getting rid of those apps is ridiculous, they were all good,
also piano. I mean they don't have to update them too much just
keep'em kosher with OS updates. I don't see the point of dropping
stuff when you are not adding back? Unless they think kontakt and
absynth make up for them with the updates.

The current price is about what I think this bundle should cost, I
feel I paid too much back in the day.