Video - I Me You

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 6 12:25:51 CEST 2009

Hi Gert

> I have no clue what this is about. So it's almost impossible now
> to upload a vid?

When you upload a video, you can not choose your video's thumbnail (preview)
image.  Eg, all the pictures you see on our site:

http://www.youtube.com/user/punkdiscoUK

the only control over this image you have is YouTube presents you with 3
choices which are taken out of you actually video.  Previously these were
the exact images at 25/50/75% so you could put your required image at those
positions and have control.

If you watch the I Me You video, you will see our thumbnail flash up in 2 or
three places, for no apparent reason.  This is us trying to 'cheat' the
thumbnail selection process.

Its actually called thumbnail cheating.  YouTube don't like it because they
know that everyone tries to put sexy pictures at a thumb, knowing they will
get far more hits.  Clearly it is counter productive putting totally out of
context sexy thumbnails; it makes searching impossible.  However, people
like me just want to choose a in-context picture and YouTube make that hard.

It's a tough problem and one that there really is no solution for.

Hey ho..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"