nice article on SSD drives ..

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 1 20:27:17 CEST 2009

> I've read a longer article on AnandTech before about SSDs, and I've
> come
> to the conclusion that they're not the best choice for what I have in
> mind. Still, certain features look very tempting.

i'm almost to the point where a 16gig RAM drive would be suitable for
my boot/apps partition, and 16gigs of regular RAM for system memory
would be fine .. ;)

of course, there's the always-on problem, but then a few copies of a
16gig swap file onto an SSD for safe-keeping is do'able ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan