Competition (was: "new cartoon: vaccination course 2")

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 26 02:39:37 CET 2009

Chris Strellis schreef:
>> I'm also working on some music for the main page.
>
> Awww do you have to do everything? - couldn't this be a -barian
> competition - the winner get's their music put on the page?

Chris, guys,

I just spoke with Rolf about this, and we think it's an awesome idea!

We will publish the final rules tomorrow, but expect them to be
exactly like these:

1. Produce a piece of music that has the right feel for our cartoon
website:
www.myweirddreams.com

2. The style is completely up to you. Country, rock & roll,
indie, electronic, dance, 80's, minimal, sacred music - you
decide, as long as it fits the website!

3. We want you to explain in no more than 25 words why you think
your music is so cool for our website. Yes, write it down and
include it with your track. Moreover - it should be funny!

4. The music should be loopable (we will loop the loop), so that
someone who wants to stay logged on to our site for, say, 37
months, will still be able to hear your music on december 21st, 2012.

5. Don't make your track much longer than 1-2 minutes, but please
don't send us a 2.5 second piece!

6. Send your entry to me (g.vansanten at chello.nl) as an mp3, 256
kbps, stereo, 16 bit.

7. Every entry will get "airtime", unless Rolf and I decide that
it is completely inappropriate (or if it sucks so hard that we
want to destroy every single byte)

8. Rolf and I will choose a favourite, and the winner will
get a prize. Don't quit your day-job, though. It will probably
just be some Wave World album nobody wants anymore.

9. On our cartoon site we will put an add for the music-bar,
because the music-bar ROCKS!

10. The final date of the competition will be November 15th, 2009.

This is your sure way to fame! Start tweaking those knobs!

cheers,

Rolf and Gert