Windows 7

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 22 18:15:14 CEST 2009

deeplfo schreef:

> For all you Win users out there, I just upgraded two of my machines to Windows 7 Pro and must say that it's probably the best Windows upgrade I've ever experienced.

Cool. Once overclockers.co.uk clears my credit card payment (people
nowadays are a bit paranoid once you pay with a credit card), there
should be two Windows 7 Professional and one Ultimate on their way.

The Ultimate is to replace the Dutch XP 'genuine advantage' version I
have on my computer, and the two Professional versions are for my wife's
and son's computers, where there are, em, 'trial' version of XP running.

Really, XP is a perfect OS for me, both at home and on my office
machine. I wouldn't run a serious server on Windows if my life depended
on it, but on the other hand, I wouldn't run it on Linux either. That's
just me, Solaris fanboy.

Given the mess that Microsoft made of Vista - I downloaded a beta
version and go so annoyed that I gave up very quickly - I'm convinced
that Windows 7 is going to be good.

Because Microsoft *can* write excellent software, it's just that
development until fairly recently was aimed at killing the competition,
rather than pleasing the customer. But now, with the European Commission
looking over their shoulder, they can't do that any longer. And so, they
have to compete on quality.

Eagerly awaiting the shipment...

- Peter