Windows 7

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 22 17:06:06 CEST 2009

Tony Scharf wrote:
> Vista works pretty well, all said...but certain parts of it just feel
> clumsy (UAC), and sometimes it slows down in the oddest of places.
> Ill probably just wait for the early adopters to get burned, and then
> make a move early next year.

Out of the box, VISTA is 5x worse than XP for services that are not
necessary for every type of user. Sure, in XP whenever I set it up there
are still about 6 or so services that I always need to disable or change
and lots of things to kill, but it is quick to do and always results in
a clean system with about 18 processes in the task manager list.
Works perfectly well nearly every time.

UAC can be disabled somewhere in the USER account settings I think, but
in my experience of VISTA, most machines compare to XP by having 60-70
processes in the task manager list!! running from install. I can't be
arsed even finding out what can be safely disabled from that mess.