New track - Hopeful

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Oct 10 19:05:14 CEST 2009

Tony Hardie-Bick skrev:
> Mikael Hansson wrote:
>
>> <http://deadmengods.com/music/dmg_hopeful_beta1.mp3>
>>

> Coool. I don't have really any complaint about the sound on this one (the
> ethereal melody is the only thing that sounds a bit too clean).
>
> The chord progressions are *just* a bit on the uninspired side, but really
> really cool stuff, anyway.
>
> What if you wrote the music off the back of some lyrics that you and Matthias
> worked out - are songs always to be constructed as if they have a formula? Just
> let the words and the music communicate a bit more...

Thanks Tony!

There are a bit more analog components in this one, Evolver and the guitar.

I've tried the lyrics before music method a few times and it was very
easy putting the music together, but the hard part is coming up with
good lyrics when english isnt't your native tongue, often it just sounds
silly.
The tracks we've made lately, with vocals are made in a sort of
interacting way, first an instrumental idea, sometimes just one part and
sometimes a rough idea with several parts, then Mathias thinks about
what lyrics would fit and then we record them quite quickly, then we add
other parts, rethinks what fits like verses, choruses etc. scrapping
parts, adding new, setting up the structure and lastly head into the
production phase, adding more tracks, maybe switching some sounds,
making the drum track varied...

Unfortunately Mathias and I can't meet up as often as we'd like. He
moved 1,5h away last year and although he work in the town where I live,
the only time left is for our friday lunches and the occasional weekend
music-meetup.

But a good point and I'm already in training, although in small steps,
it's hard to start doing things opposite what you're used to :)

/Micke