Keys are so uncool

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 9 15:52:04 CEST 2009

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> u mean Suzuki XG?
>
> No I meant that the sound engine of the thing sounds like an XG
> board.  As in: crap.

I haven't listened closely. I... wasn't tempted to. What I see is a huge amount
of effort and a lot of personal commitment, so for that reason I'm holding back
on quite a lot of the usual things I'd complain about. Stuff like sample-rate
conversion, DA THD+S/N specs, maybe even latency is an issue here, who knows.
Getting all that right would take this out of being a realisable product at all,
so, I'm being quiet about it.

Thinking about the history of an instrument that went the other way: Synclavier,
well they had issues cos they just thought about sound in abstract terms, and it
was many pieces of luck that enabled them to get into business at all. So,
anyone setting about to design and manufacture something this unusual gets my
unreserved respect.

Tony (HB)