Selling some monitors

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 8 22:50:52 CEST 2009

Hey Mr D

> Oooh. Losing the Moog?

No; gaining a PEK!

To be honest, the Moog never, ever, did it for me.  It has a classy pedigree
sound that I am not into.  Leah bought it for me and if it did not have that
sentimental value, I would have sold it long before.

Other things I don't like about it are:

1) interface. Call me Mr Stupid but it is one of those synths that if you
don't use for a month, you have to revert to a manual.  I mean, for
feck-sake!  A Moog is supposed to be instant!  Even the PEK is significantly
easier to use.

2) I think the company are cheeky (and not in a sisterly Transylvanian way).
The Voyager has 2 significant hardware faults i) aftertouch just does not
work (it is on or off) and, ii) the sexy back lit panel makes a very load
whining noise if turned up about 50%. To make matters worst, both of these
are fixable via very expense hardware modifications from Moog.  If it was a
car the manufacturer they would not be allowed to charge!  I also resent the
fact that both of these fixable faults were shipped with the complete
blessing of the company on many thousands of units before fixing the design.

I am surrounded by synths that have stupid design faults and quirks but
these have been made by 'companies' comprising of one guy who still lives at
home with his parents and builds from his bedroom.  They don't claim to be a
'Moog' and certainly don't have a Moog price tag..

Whinge over..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"