Retuning?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 4 14:50:24 CEST 2009

> Funny that everyone completely crushes this idea. Not that I
> completely believe it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there would
> be at least an element of truth in it.

At work we have every single radio transmitter and receiver device you
could imagine .. everything from massive dishes down to tiny embedded
microwave receivers .. I often have the chance to dismember some of
the interesting stuff as it goes in the junk pile, and I've seen the
*most* bizaare antenna designs for microwave and sub-microwave
emissions .. some are weird in the extreme, like tiny little
'trees' (best I can describe them) whose very specific shape is tuned
to the desired wavelength for reception ..

So, I believe there is something to the 'flow of radiation' diversion
factor, as some of these tiny structures are very resonant, but the
whole crystal-as-solution-to-all-problems thing .. meh.

;
--
Jay Vaughan