short docu on the chapman stick

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Oct 3 19:53:22 CEST 2009

Gert van Santen wrote:
> I've been thinking about your comment a bit, and I feel you are
> probably right (about the excessive praise). On the other hand,
> the film is made by his son (well, he's called Dan Chapman), plus
> this is also done as a kind of "birthday" present (it was EC's
> birthday couple of days ago).

Before I got freaked out by the excessive praise, I was *seriously* warming to
what I saw: clips of the workshop, woodshedding, literally, a good fifteen
minutes of that would have been fascinating - for me anyway :)

I guess one can understand if it's his son who made it. Any misjudgments are
*entirely* forgivable :) I look forward to the day when a balanced view of
Emmett's work is given, because the guy has created a completely new instrument,
which is challenging everyone who plays it, to discover something new in music.

Tony (HB)