Dell 2209WA

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Nov 29 16:46:35 CET 2009

Peter Korsten schreef:

> Does anybody have experience with the Dell 2209WA monitor? The features
> are: 22", 1680x1050, e-IPS screen. Why it's popular is because of the
> e-IPS screen, much better quality than a TN display, and because it's
> very inexpensive.

Nobody replied back then, so let me answer my own e-mail. :)

Anyway, just today I ordered it. With shipping from the UK and, um, not
paying VAT, it came to £250, which is around €275 these days, or a bit
over US$410.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=corp&sku=320-7825

Yes, it can be had for US$300 in the US, but then you're stuck with the
wrong voltages and/or cables, you still have to pay VAT and import fees,
shipping, and probably VAT and import fees over the shipping as well.

So, all in all, I'm quite happy with my somewhat early Christmas present. :)

One reason that I ordered early is that I expect them to come back to me
demanding that I really own my credit card, and didn't rip it off from
somewhere.

Anyway, a thank-you to our Scottish friend, Mr Dong, who pointed out
that TN screens kinda suck, and so saved me from buying the wrong screen.

- Peter