Humanoid sex robots

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 26 22:38:19 CET 2009

Jay Vaughan schreef:

> Sex appliances approximating human form are upon us already, no?
>
> Realdoll, et al?  The latest versions are fucking scarey, pun intended.

What I was thinking of is robots that will completely replace a human
mate, a bit like Cherry 2000. The Realdolls are just that: dolls.

It raises some interesting questions, especially regarding legislation.
Certain sexual acts are illegal, depending on where you live, but would
this still be the case if the act involved a robot?

And if you're a celebrity, do you 'own' your own image? It would rather
disturb me if I were famous and people would buy a robot that looks like
me, to do unspeakable things. OK, chances of that are remote at best,
but still...

And finally, would people go all-out and get fantasy models that don't
have the usual amount of limbs, wings, breasts or orifices?

But by the times these come around, I'll be too old. :)

- Peter