drooooidddd apps

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 13 23:00:57 CET 2009

Andrew Tarpinian schreef:

> On Nov 13, 2009, at 12:42 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> So all my e-mail gets forwarded to my GMail address, and because I use
>> their SMTP server as well, all my e-mail (both sent and received) is
>> stored on GMail, and always accessible.
>>
>> For my wife, I've used IMAP, since she uses a computer at home, one at
>> work, and one of those nifty little laptops. It seems to work for her.
>
> Well I think for me as far as my main work address the forwarding
> thing wouldn't really work. I think it would be too confusing, I will
> check it out though.

When I say 'forward', it means that peter at ... gets forwarded to my GMail
address by the domain registrar. But I've set up GMail in such a way
that the address is peter at ..., instead of an address ending in @gmail.com.

So for all intents and purposes, the e-mail appears to be coming from
peter at ..., whereas in reality it's GMail all along. You can see it from
a header in the e-mail, and sometimes Thunderbird messes up and decides
to use the GMail address. Other than that, it's transparent.

Which means that I have my mailbox separated from my ISP, and my e-mail
address separated from my mailbox. I can change anything in this set-up
at any moment, and nobody sending to me or receiving from me would be
any the wiser.

- Peter