drooooidddd apps

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 12 21:56:49 CET 2009

> Google really needs to fix up the pop/imap/exchange application, I's
> really so-so compared to the g-mail app. I really don't understand why
> people can't make full featured mail apps on these devices, it's like
> they leave out features on purpose...

i got signed up for google wave, and do you want to know the truth?  i
hate it.

ibisum is my android email address.  i find the email apps good
enough, but then i've never needed much in an email interface except
maybe 2, 3 hotkeys.  both gmail and mail.app are sufficiently mundane
enough, but then i've known very mundane mail apps and still manage to
have little usability issues.

i think email, though, gets a lot of hate.  everyone wants to destroy
email and become the next best info/comms system, but you can't beat
good ol' pop3 and smtp for stodgy dog-headed survival factor.  plus,
to be honest, my email archives, like on my own disk, are among my own
personal favourite things to grep when i have offline time ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan