WHY?????

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat May 30 12:33:38 CEST 2009

I could also see this as  pointless.  quite a lot of DIY projects do not
make sense from the view of practicallity.  You see quite a lot of them
re-inventing the wheel over and over again.
That said, reinventing the wheel means you learn quite a lot about wheels,
and I think that is really the key to these kind of projects.

Or, put another way: why does a dog lick his own 'parts'?

Because he can.

DIY is much the same thing.  Proving you can.