Talking of distortion..

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri May 29 02:01:57 CEST 2009

The Dong wrote:
> I _finally_ pieced together a Marshall 18 Watt head clone

I didn't just make a throne today, I finished up the chassis for this
amp (and turned some Hemlock handles for my lathe tools). For those that
don't know, this will slide into a shelf within the Head Case, or a
combo case. It's not a standard size tho, it's much smaller than a
Marshall 18 Watt original (but not less powerful)
Hope it's ok for everyone if I post a bunch of piccies. Some of you
might still be on 300 baud modems ;)

The plexiglass with laminated printout worked ok, but dirt just seems to
make its way between it. The super-bonus is that because I only fixed
the laminates with a thin strip of DS sticky, the GFX sheets can be
replaced for next to nothing to restyle it. And also, I plan to maybe
make another amp chassis, but a 1 Watt octal one, with the same sized
chassis that can be swapped out in minutes. Maybe even others...

Unless someone nicks my throne, or I die ;)