Acer Aspire One / Asus EEEPC + Ableton

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 28 18:20:54 CEST 2009

> Fair enough, but that's not really very intuitive if you just want to
> make a quick change to an audio file in place.

It takes a 3-second grok of the documentation, and then its all
clear.  Open Audacity, import a .WAV file, import two .AIFF files,
import some .OGGs and an .MP3, press "Save Project" (didn't the "-
Project" part of that menu give you a clue), and oila .. Audacity
Project, all saved nice and tight.

Its not Sound Forge.

> While we're bashing Audacity - the region selection UI behaviour
> seems a
> bit weird to my mind (unexpectedly lose the selection when you click
> in
> a way that doesn't seem like it should cause a problem for instance).

Windows habits: you must lose them!  This is a Linux editor, it works
just like it *should*!

;
--
Jay Vaughan