leave it up to ableton..

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri May 22 22:12:01 CEST 2009

You know that's the one feature where it seems it was developed by someone other than Ableton.   The thing that I've always loved about Live is the ease of work-flow, but I do have to admit that the step sequencing in Live 8 is completely bogus.  Lets hope they revise it.

mohsen

----- Original Message ----
From: Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com>
To: Music-bar <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:25:41 PM
Subject: leave it up to ableton..

....to screw up something as simple as step note entry.

Not only is their 'press the arrow key to advance' method silly, its
actually worse than just playing it in and going through the pencil
work later.   Its totally useless for use with a drum pad controller,
as you have to hold the note and then press advance.

MIDI is just really hard for ableton to understand.  Audio - they get
that like no one else, but I really think MIDI and note entry is
something they want to actively discourage me from using.

*sigh*....

the group tracks are nice though!

Tony