Eurovision

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri May 15 16:16:22 CEST 2009

Hi Peter ,
 I hope now the reading problem is solved ( sorry for that , but you are the
first to tell me this:) ,,,

You mentioned : "There are hardly any regional differences in
pronunciation of the language"( apart from the south )

Pronunciation (maybe) but about understanding ?

 I used to play with a White Russia girls from Minsk  she told me : Russia
is so big that  people from the east side couldn t understand properly the
west and vice versa [just think about farmers ;] ,of course you have still
the mainstream language but in general each humans group living in their own
regions use a different type of Russian ,
the different books from Solzhenitsyn (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn )
 that I read told me the same thing  ( it s not really the same period I
must say but still 'now' is still a chain reaction of the past  )so
maybe Russians can use the same pronunciation but in general there are
 still semantics-abstraction made .

About Europe ... I think Europe is way younger that Russia in
Mankind' History  ,I agree that Russia existed but Europe I still wonder
about it ( no common language yet, even English can not be an option for me
cause politically talking Uk is outside Europe or doing the double language,
the only thing which can tell something about Europe existence is
the money :Euro  ) ...

One advice that i learnt with Russians living in Europe  : don t tell a
Russian that is European.The most of them  are very proud of where they come
from ,and it s not Europe by all means  ;)

But all in all I can be wrong cause  I never went to  Russia ...

 The funny thing about Eurovision is from my own point of view :
We include Russia, North Africa but we do exactly what the Capitalist world
wish us to do (kind of  MTV awards ???) ... ( I wonder if Russians and north
Africans are really conscious about it .I think they are and they adapt
themselves to take what it s good for them  from Europe but when it s time
to share with them something different than music problems occur  (gas?)
... )

I m just laughing in the end cause there is nothing that I can do, except
trying to write something about it  ...  :)

But Eurovision is funny yes ( what else ? I won t cry for this  !!! :-) ...
It will be even more funny to think of a kind of Russian-vision where
European countries will be invited ( will they invite us ?? ) to
present Europe side in their  Russia ? ...  what we ( European
countries) will do then ? maybe we will bring on stage nuclear submarines
 and Concorde air planes, or, maybe cheese or bread should be enough to show
our power in the history of human kind ? ?? cause the thing is sure Russians
will be for a long time ( I hope not for ever)  Russians and not Europeans,
Russia is not Europe .

But All in all
The map is not the territory .
And music has no boundaries except in music busyness and space  ...

Cheers  and nice subject I must admit :)
Romain

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>wrote:

> Romain / rXg schreef:
>
> > Well , it s just the Russian-Vision ;)
> > Eurovision is as usualšvery European ...
> > Going to Russia for EUROvision , i think I don t get it ...
> > Where is Chinašthen š??šAt least it will be interesting,some šmusic
> > fights between communist against old communist ( btw whatšis Russiašnow
> > ? )š? hmmmšš,.,,š
>
> Just one thing, can you start sending e-mails in plain text? They always
> come in a minute font on my system, and you'll have to explain all those
> weird characters.
>
> Anyway, apart from the southern states, Russia has a remarkably
> homogeneous population. There are hardly any regional differences in
> pronunciation of the language (again, apart from the south), and on
> their side of the Chinese border the people are blonde.
>
> But Eurovision is about the European Broadcasting Area, which is
> significantly larger than Europe itself:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebu
>
> - Peter

Romain