Tripath TA2024

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 13 18:41:58 CEST 2009

Peter Korsten wrote:
> So, with this sort of speaker... would it make sense to build your own
> 5.1 surround system for a PC?

Of course. If you make it like I did (from stuff lying about, just
bought the amp module) there is no commercial competition anywhere near
the price that will sound close. They aren't extremely loud, but fill a
room with sound and rear speakers don't need to be loud, nor have a
particular great frequency range.

With 5.1, you're supposed to have a centre, front and rear LR and the
sub. There are multi-chip amp modules on ebay made for surround as well,
but unless you already have suitable speaker drivers and much of the
tools and hardware to make everything, it's going to end up a lot of
work, a lot of waiting and a lot more money than predicted ;)

> - Peter (who hasn't got the foggiest idea where his soldering irons are)

Someone borrowed them? :)